I’ve thought of some brilliant ways to show your mummy how much you love her, that are waaay better that silly old hearts and flowers. Here’s your guide to an extra-special Valentine’s Day – you’re welcome!
1. Wake up super early – I’m thinking maybe 5/5.30am. Especially great this year as the big day is a Sunday. Your mummy will totally love being given the gift of extra time with you on the day of love.
2. Breakfast in bed – apparently this is really romantic, I’m not really sure why. I’m thinking biscuits or toast would be ideal, to really get the crumbs between the sheets.
3. Show your emotions – ladies love a man who shows their sensitive side, so factor in at least three meltdowns during the day.
4. Bring her gifts – be creative. Last week I actually grabbed the contents of my nappy and proudly presented it to mummy. She was so happy she screamed.
5. Let her watch her favourite film – as long as it’s Peppa Pig. On repeat.
6. Be spontaneous – ladies love the unexpected. The best time for spontaneity is just as she’s putting you to bed. Request a drink, one more song, keep yelling out “Mr Tuuumble” or tell her there’s a cat in your bedroom (doesn’t matter if you don’t own one) – these spontaneous gestures will go a long way.
Happy Valentine’s Day!